Books, music, movies: options can be overwhelming. Matches is a clever aggregator of user’s choices. Users can write what they like, and Matches will recommend what to try next. They can also browse what others like and if it suits their taste Matches will keep that in mind in the future.
Design Case Study
Who will use the app?
People who are looking for new movies, books, and music.
What will users accomplish with this app?
Users will be able to find a new movie to watch, a book to read, or music to listen, faster and easier. They can search based on an item they like and find profiles of other users with the same preferences. They can see their matches and search in their profiles for anything they are interested in.
When will users use the app?
Users will use the app mostly in their free time.
Where will users use the app?
Users will use the app more often at home. It could be used though in other places like, for example, in a bookstore while looking for a book to buy.
Why would people use this app?
Too many options can be overwhelming and lead to more time being spent on choosing a movie or a book or music rather than actually watching/ reading or listening. In the busy lifestyles we live, it seems necessary to have a platform that aggregates user’s choices which in turn makes choosing much simpler by providing curated content.
How users will accomplish their goals?
Users can choose an item they like and see what users with similar preferences suggest. They can also follow users whose taste matches theirs, to see what is new in their profile.
Overchoice is a cognitive process in which people have a difficult time making a decision when faced with many options. I hypothesise that an app that filters information can give results which are more likely to match user’s taste.
Face to face and Skype interviews.
2. Current Job
3. How often do you watch a movie?
4. How often do you read?
5. How often do you listen to music?
6. How do you choose what to watch, read or listen?
7. How much time do you spend to find what you want?
8. What are the most important aspects you consider when choosing something to watch/ read/ listen?
9. What is something you think a matching app should always have?
10. Do you think this app would be useful for you? Why?
Users find it discouraging to spend a great amount of time in order to find what they like to watch/ read/ listen to. They tend to trust a friend’s recommendation because most of the time they have the same preferences.
Log in/ Sign up
- As a user, I want to be able to search as a guest.
- As a user, I want to sign up for an account.
- As a user, I want to sign up/log in using facebook, google, or my email.
- As a user, I want to be able to select an item and see who likes it.
- As a user, I want to search other users, see what they suggest and like them.
- As a user, I want to search for movies, books and music based on my preferences.
- As a user, I want to see items of the same category(e.g.music).
- As a user, I want to see profiles of people who like the item I have chosen.
- As a user, I want to see what my friends suggest.
- As a user, I want to see what other users suggest.
- As a user, I want to see details for suggested items.
- As a user, I want to save items I choose to my profile
- As a user, I want to see what and who I like.
- As a user, I want to see what I have saved.
- As a user, I want to receive notifications when a friend suggests something new.
- As a user, I don’t want to receive notifications.
- Sign up
- Log in
- Search as a guest
- Search based on movie, book, music
- Search profiles
- Like profiles and items
- Save items
- Edit profile
- See item’s details
More Web Design projects